Friday, October 03, 2008

round pen

the morning was taken up with the man being here to sort the boiler out, and find out why we have a leak under the bath. the boiler is mostly done, but needs a new expansion chamber. and that bath? we need a new bath! very fine hairline cracks, it doesn't owe anyone anything as it's been in donkeys years (the chap remembered getting it for previous owner of house many moons ago) but a bit of a b....

and while he was doing that i was finding my work related documents (practising certificate, very important piece of paper!) for the agency..

and the weather was pants

and i had to then take partner's car to get something else looked at

then the weather improved and i planted my garlic and winter onions - thought I'd best get that done, since I've not only got a job but will be working away!

so it was later than I've been used to lately when i got to the yard, and time I'd got her in and checked her legs for mud fever (definitely sorted!) by washing them off etc, decided to just round pen as the light was starting to go. she did ok, i was pleased.

2 comments:

cptrayes said...

We had a very cold day this side of the backbone, but lovely sunshine.

C

Jean said...

How does it always happen that when you have time during the day it all seems to fill up so quickly?

Bummer about the bath. Hope they can put the new one in quickly so you aren't stuck without one for any time. I remember how long it took when my house was being redone.....