Sunday, October 26, 2008

in hand...

coulnd't make my mind up what to do, so tacked up, but then no one to help get on and of course molly wasn't going to stand anywhere sensible - she'll stand, but with her head at my shoulder - i move the block - she goes around..

so in hand roudn the arena 2 or 3 times left rein, only once right rein as that side is of course counter intuitive for me, being right-handed...

then untacked, and someone turned up

turned her out without her rug as she'd actually been too warm yesterday, and i was working in my shirtsleeves and not feeling the cold - she's a very furry mare! i expect she'll be fine without, really, unless it totally teems down again...

and i saved myself £1 by bringing her in myself - with the clocks going back, it's time to bring her in before i set off (and my driving is done in the dark.....euch).

and people, avoid Wetherby until they finish the roadworks, the traffic jam was back to the harrogate turning so i turned off there and had the satnav plot an alternative route over blubberhouses pass and past skipton & colne....lovely (not, in the dark, LOL). hate to think how long i would have sat in that jam otherwise!

3 comments:

Nicola said...

They still there...we hit them last month going to a show!
Couldnt fancy all the driving twice a week I start to get sick when Im driving longer than and hour :)

Jean said...

Frustrating not to be able to get on. Keep wondering just what the problem is. You did have it conquered for a while at least, so there's still hope.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I hate traffic jams. I too will drive out of my way to avoid one.

cptrayes said...

I sympathise with the problems of living away from home Claire. Allan did six months in London when we moved here. Arriving home late on Fridays and disappearing again on Sunday evening. Not fun for either of us.

C