Monday, October 06, 2008

books

not being at home and thus not actually doing anything with Molly, i brought a load of books and dvd's with me to try and get caught up on my reading.

i keep Fillis in the car to dip into - i find the typeface quite hard going, so can only read a small amount at a time, so that book is useful there as i read it whilst e.g. waiting for partner or, as on saturday, having lunch in the car before interview!

i'm reading Herbermann's Dressage Formula whilst eating meals on my own. I'm enjoying that, can can see why people who've been on his clinics have got a lot out of them.

i've got Udo Burger's book with me as well, currently, i confess, doing sterling duty propping up the lap top to improve it's angle. i have started it (it was bedside at home) but think i'll finish Herbermann first.

Anja Beran's book is in the bag, i got most of the way through that a while ago, and it's to re read

and i bought maximize your horsemanship on Sunday ...

and various others! i think if i'm going to be away a bit, then it's useful reading tiem .....

also brought a load of dvd's to play on the pc - some i've already seen and need to view again, others to start from scratch

i recently bought the philippe karl set - unfortunately, on video not dvd, so they have to be watched at home when we re-set the video up (or if i have time, try and work out a way to link the vhs to the pc. technically possible, i gather!). but i think they'll be to go back to and back to over time.

and i've got the latest thomas covenant as well, on a totally non horsey note....

3 comments:

Nicola said...

Flip impressive...I struggle to gain anything from reading riding books.
I need to see and feel ive fancied the PK set for a while but other things to spent my dosh on at mo:)

cptrayes said...

Bloomin eck. I've never heard of any of those!

C

Jean said...

Herbermann was inspiration as far as teaching my horses to stretch down. My original dressage trainer taught me how to do it, and when I found Herbermann, all I'd learned was confirmed!

I am like Minky and generally don't learn a lot from horse books if I read them through. Instead, I browse, pick out little bits here and there, and see if it applies in real ride time.

I do admire your "voracity." As long as conflicting theories and methods don't confuse you, enjoy your lust for literature. *G*