Friday, August 29, 2008

vogue

on trial.

today, the local agent (not the previous one, who has retired from such activities) came out with a vogue for me to try (and i have it until Thursday, we;re hoping that next person will call round here and collect it on her way south from a Northumberland holiday) and whilst she was here we checked out the fhoenix, since original local agent hadn't been able to, having broken her leg in two places and never fully recovering from that, I gather!

So, on the original fhoenix, I'd had it in the wrong place (duh! slightly too far forward...and thought it was right because it was level) but i was right to be concerned about things at the front. agent liked my new bit of kit (the griffin half pad, sheepskin lined, with shims) but it needs a bit more in front and generally the vogue is better on Molly because of her shape (thought it might be LOL).

and for me?

Well, hugely better, i love this saddle. my position was a whole heap better (the stirrup bars are slightly further back again), my rising trot was a whole heap better, and I think molly liked it better as well - at the point when normally she'd have had a tantrum and not wanted to do any more, i was able to move her on again. and she was working quite nicely once she'd got over the fact that it was morning and the waterboard diggers etc. were at the end of the arena (she's happy about the yards tractor etc, but hadn't been worked when the water board had their's on the go the other side of the fence)

it's the dressage, and i didn't like the Fhoenix dressage, but I do like this. so I'll be riding as much as I can in it. and I've a feeling it's not as slippy - will try it with ordinary jods, not just the sticky bums....

you know what's going to happen, don't you?

but I really SHOULD leave it until i get a new job - but of course, I can sell the Fhoenix...

and no one tell partner...

3 comments:

Jean said...

Will not tell Partner. I take it Partner does not read this blog?

Good news/bad news about the saddle. Good news in that you may have found a better solution to your saddle needs. Bad news in that it costs money.

Don't look at me. I am looking at a new model Ansur. My only excuse is that as a distributor, I can use it for demos.

Interesting that the Vogue is more comfy for you. Apparently there are significant design differences.

Claire said...

no,she thinks blogging is silly. she also doesn't understand about saddle fit.

the design is different...

vogue here:
http://www.fhoenix-saddles.com/vogue.php

original fhoenix:
um... pictures changed to new ones on EE main page, fair enough...

anyway, more twist, deeper seat, better for both of us!

Nicola said...

Hehe you sound like me,my OH doesnt know the half of it:))
Sound like its going to work well for Molly anyway.