Friday, August 01, 2008

three short things

we did today.

10 minutes groundwork (not very energetically, just to be sure we still knew the rules, really!)

5 minutes flexions (she's a shade anticipatory, and I really should ensure she's standing square!)

and about 10 minutes ridden, but I shouldn't have bothered with that, because of the wind and incipient rain....

I have to say, Molly is becoming a LOT better (hope I'm not speaking too soon) about standing whilst being mounted. twice this week, no bother at all.

and whilst I wasn't totally overjoyed with what we did, there were some nice moments and when i got off she was standing all square, which i didn't think she would have been.

setting against the hand!

but, a lot more settled in her mouth (that might seem contradictory ...)over the last few days we haven't had nearly the amount of fiddling with the bit/mouth opening and closing that I've been used to noticing!

my thighs still felt very stretched after yesterday, which is good!


1 comment:

Jean said...

A little bit at a time is just fine. Tremendous about her standing for you to mount. Think back as to how far you've come in the last few weeks and smile. :-)