Wednesday, August 20, 2008

rain scald?

behind the ears. feels like small scabby, if it were on the leg it would be mud fever. and because of where it is - right under the bridle! i didn't ride, as i'd planned now we finally have some dry weather.

So it's been hibiscrubbed and sudocremed and repeat tomorrow and friday morning. hopefully that'll sort it, as we've got tickets for Blair and are setting off on Friday to stay with friends.

Whether i'll survive the journey is another matter. a rather nice hire car (to replace minewhilst it's in being mended after last week) was delivered today - with a HUGE no smoking sticker on teh front dash. :-( :-(

I can DO a couple or 3 hours without a smoke when I have to - but driving "my" car is not a time when i usually feel I "have" to. so loads of polos and regular stops, i expect...

and I've just bought two of Paul Belasik's books, riding towards the light & exploring dressage technique, for under £11 including postage off ebay. I SHOULD have time to read them....but it's amazing how busy one can be when not in work! all the things one doesn't have time to do when in work. I'd rather be working, of course.

3 comments:

cptrayes said...

Have fun!

C

Jean said...

Naughty girl...smoking. No comment about that.

Have a good trip.

Molly should be fine. It does sound like a bit of a reaction to the wet. You treated it perfectly.

Claire said...

a chimney, jean, that's me .... the more sowhen sitting about the house adding content to a website, as i was yesterday ...

www.havssymposium.org

which i am co-organising...