Thursday, August 21, 2008

RIP Queen of Timber

Molly's mother.

Regular readers will recall that the decision was made some time ago that Queenie would go this summer, before Blair. I rang last night, not having heard, and she went 10 days ago....

This was in her youth, when Liz had her, taken at a Horse Trials I think - can't remember which one - but would have been in about 1990 or 1991


this was taken in February 2002, a week before we moved

this was at Easter 2002, I think, at Union Hall - they were having a little "in house" show, and we was all dressed up for the showing class - there were only 2 in it, me & Natasha on Lady, and I won it LOL. Queenie was 20, just turned
and this was taken by me on the same day!

and this was the 29th June this year - I had seen her since, but not taken a photo....

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Rest in Peace Queenie

*hugs* for you

Jean said...

Bless her heart, she was a lovely lady. It is always hard to lose a good friend, even when you know it is the right time. My sympathy.

My goodness, but Molly certainly does look like her Mom. If you hadn't told me those pictures were of Queenie, I would have thought it was her daughter.

What a gift she gave to the world.

Rest in Peace, Queenie. You were well loved.

Claire said...

jean, i continue to find myself calling Molly, Queenie - nearly did it today, and everyone who has met both does....peas in a pod, the only real difference is height (about a hand!) and molly has a big skew whif stripe on her face...

cptrayes said...

Well done Claire for being brave enough to part with her at the right time.

Thinking of you.

C.

Nicola said...

RIP Queenie...a very hard decision to make but the right one.

Hugsx

Muriel said...

so sorry.

Rest in peace Queenie.

And rest your soul that you have made the right courageous choice.

Claire said...

.