Friday, June 20, 2008

a video

of molly working in the round pen tonight. taken at the start of the session.




Oops, hadn't realised how much shadow of me I'd get!

it was quite funny. I didn't do a lot, and stopped asking her to move on when i thought she'd done (she was, after all, listening to me so why push it?) and she carried on, and turned herself round and did a few circuits the other way before she realised i meant we'd stopped!

then took her for a walk all the way round the arena to view the sights - that she's seen before, but as well to reinforce it. also, i wanted to check out for myself how it is now - there's a couple of fence post holes to fill in and some more surface to go down!

2 comments:

Jean said...

The lady looks good. Nice spring in her step. A ggod round pen is a really handy training tool. Hope that ring gets done soon. You need to put in some saddle time!

Claire said...

oh the arena's useable, jean, and I intend to use it tomorrow ... but I've just looked up the weather forecast, supposed to rain most of the day! Plus, she gets to join the other horses tomorrow as well!