Monday, June 23, 2008

25 minutes ground work

and she still needed her head held! I was pleased to see YO appear.... came and did the honours without being asked.

She had worked hard - she was being very "emotional", although not nearly as much as last night - kept asking me if I REALLY meant it ... which of course I did.

anyway, after all that I did about 5 minutes walk round the arena, nothing strenuous in the way of work (it was more a cool down by this time LOL) and then everyone said they were going to I thought I'd get off.

This is not a yard where everyone rides every night - or does anything every night.... :-(. I think some come through the day, and then there's the one person lives next door, and YO keeps her horses at her place down the road...

so hopefully by the end of the week i'll be able to get on by myself again without too much grief!

Oh, and the mounting block is really high - top step level with bottom of stirrup!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Ooh, I love a nice high mounting block. Easier on the knees and other crickety parts of the anatomy.

You should probably give Molly a refresher course on standing for mounting. You still have the video of your friend's working her? Molly is very opinionated and might need some good solid reminders of her manners. It would be worth spending and evening just doing that, I think.

I take it she was much better about leaving her new friends when you worked her?

Claire said...

that's what i'm doing jean ..I knew we were back to basics on that one! worked tonight!