Saturday, July 26, 2008

no shan't......

well, almost no shan't and it amounted to that.

Trying to do the flexions before getting on for a ride, I got, yes i'll drop my head but THEN i'll move it about or move me or knock you over or stand on your foot....

i think part of it was still a bit muscle soreness, part of it was she'd been in on her own whilst I had a cup of tea after the farrier had been....

I then got on and rode, and decided again that the kerrits, whilst wonderfully sticky for a hack, are just TOOO much for schooling.... was so stuck to the saddle i couldn't quite get my leg right down...plus i'd forgotten to change my boots so still had the slightly too wide ankle boots on, so when the wagon arrived to deliver a load of hardcore (for flood combatting purposes) i decided that discretion was the better part of valour.

In the meantime, I had remembered how to slow her down and rebalance her with my seat, which was good, and when i did that she moved nicely for a few strides. I couldn't feel the belly moving side to side so couldn't time it right, that was down to the incorrect attire....

anyway, it was too d*** hot. my head was cool whilst on the horse though! a very slight breeze up there.

Then went up to Consett, where the only proper saddler within sensible distance has his premises - he was shut. i rang and left a message on his mobile he rang back, only open Monday to Friday 9 - 5 ... :-(. So there are two choices on getting stuff reworked to fit - wait until 12th August, when i have a day off, or go to Morpeth, where the next nearest one is....or Hexham, where there's another. Hexham might make more sense next weekend as I'll be going to Allendale - but then will have to go Saturday...

5 comments:

Nicola said...

It has been extremely hot today!

I'd go to Hexham John is great:)
Pleased you lesson went well she looks good in the pics!

Stephanie said...

Bummer about the saddler :(

Too hot and sticky up here for anything today as well. The flies were horrendous so I decided not to get on and just started the gentle in-hand stuff.

She is not at all happy about being back in work!

cptrayes said...

Yup, hot!

C

Jean said...

And hot here as well.

I thought Molly might be a bit muscle sore. Hopefully she will recover quickly so you can make progress again.

How annoying about the saddler. Then again an independent businessman has every right to set his own convenient hours.

Claire said...

what was interesting, jean, she was much better thursday, than saturday... i'd have expected it to be the other way round!