Monday, July 07, 2008

got back on

after a very busy day that so far hasn't involved packing, but has involved torrential rain. happily it had stopped raining (just about) when I got to the yard but i had to borrow some wellies to go up to the field, there was a lake across the track -and Molly came through it no problem, right on my heels, but through it. very pleased with that, as she always needed a lead through the ford on the estate and i never had wellies so couldn't do that in hand.... so that'll have done her good, and shows she does trust me in some way.

then once i'd got the mud off, and tacked up, we struggled through the clay between the barn and the arena (it's going to be sorted...) and after only a very small amount of ground work (essentially, one trip round in each direction!) she stood like a lamb for me to get on.

was very suspicious of the area where my jacket had been yesterday, but not silly about it.

i just went round in walk, again trying to get her to soften her jaw and not asking for anything. after a while the muscles/whatever in my right leg started protesting

the left leg had been protesting off and on all day!

the shoulder, i can't lift my arm above shoulder height without discomfort/pain, the cure for that being to keep lifting it above shoulder height/rotational work on it. i think.

my birthday was spent firstly at hospital (for the broken foot of two years ago) then morrisons (partner's breakfast) then tour of durham as we decided to do the next two jobs in the wrong order geographically! then durham city library for some books (audio and to read) then halfords to investigate cycle racks and then pub for late lunch/early dinner. then home and i went to ride. left partner with instructions to pack herself. she hasn't. but my ma turned up unexpectedly. now just got to finish packing.

but the blog will continue whilst i'm away (over on the holiday blog!). if i can find the card reader, with pics.

and bunglers, don't bother, the neighbours are all watching.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Don't forget to pack the arnica!

You've had a busy day, has the foot been sorted then?

Little teething problems at the new place, but it's still better!

Have fun on holiday. Don't buy anything I wouldn't buy :P

Jean said...

You sound OK, so that's good. Take care with the shoulder. It took months for mine to get better after Chance fell with me. I did have Xrays, though, just to be safe.

Well, if the packing's done, then there's no excuse for not going off to have a good time, is there?

Enjoy!!! I'll be looking for posts.