Wednesday, July 30, 2008

busy day....

allendale to see Queenie and confirm my decision re her future.... she's now struggling to get up, and if she can't get up easily inthe summer, she CERTAINLY won't be able to get up at all in the winter!

to saddlers in hexham with stuff to be altered. He said he'd stopped making leather lunging cavessons as they were coming in at £100, which of course (he didn't say this, but...) people won't pay when they can get synthetic for a huge amount less. so he was interested to see mine, and impressed at the price i paid for it...but i'd forgotten to take my cottage craft one for comparison purposes, so have to ring him tomorrow with measurements!

on the way out i called to see Nicola - both her horses snoozling away, the borders looking really good (one tried to come away with me in the car LOL)

then back home, eventually, saw neighbour then down to yard at last about 6. partner had said she was going out with a work colleague, but then rang to say she'd come home instead 0 i didn't cancel my plan!

some flexions, then 15 minutes or so ridden. quite hard, as if i turn one way i am blinded (almost literally, and certainly it hurts) by the sun! glasses are supposed to be transitions, but i don't think they work very well and i probably should take them back...in the meantime, no good trying to keep my head up, its tooo tooo bright... (sn going down by this stage, about 7.15 /7.30

and had to do more as she didn't want to go to the top of the arena on left rein, when we got there she would insist on u turns to go back the way we had come, it was getting stressy. So i went and got my stick to back my leg up (left it on top of the fence for easy access) and the result was some nice walk on left rein as well as right.

but a good day all round

2 comments:

Jean said...

So sad about Queenie.I'm sure you will make the right decision when it's time, as hard as it may be.

The transition glasses I have are supposed to change really fast, but I'm not sure they do. I mostly just wear regular sunglasses. I have contact lenses, so that makes it easier.

Good determination with Molly. Sometimes being firm is the only solution.

Claire said...

decision's already made, Jean, that just confirmed it. It will happen before the end of august. I find it an easy decision - which some may think hard of me, but since I don't want her to suffer/struggle, that is in fact what makes it easy. she goes out a happy bunny, not an in pain/struggling one.