Saturday, May 19, 2007

skirt

for the first time in about 15 years, i bought a new skirt.... i have concluded that the leg needs fresh air, not trousers and the only other skirt i had that fit me (i guess i need to lose some weight) was getting quite dirty, what with horsing around in it as well!!!!!

the leg looks as though its starting to subside this morning, which is good, i was starting to think it wasn't going to

molly, as you say jean, is happy to do nothing but get fed .... but annoying all the same. that has been the pattern with me/my horses for a good while = horse sound, me not and vice versa!

james it's not that i can't ride, i could, it's just that jodhpurs are so tight anyway, a swollen leg makes them uncomfortably so and would rub the affected skin more than it already is....

2 comments:

Jean said...

A skirt!! Good heavens, I have to look in my closet to see if I have one myself! *VBWG*

Now's the time to try sidesaddle. You can have the best of both worlds, a skirt and riding. It's really not such a bad way of riding once you get used to it...competed a little tiny bit sidesaddle myself. But, I must admit, your horse has to be pretty cooperative accept and respond to the aids from just one side.

Feel better and take care of yourself.

Claire said...

i kknow jean, scary isn't it.... but it isn't warm enough for shorts yet and anyway shorts don't hack it at work....