Saturday, May 19, 2007

more groundwork

I chose the best bit of the day, the wind had dropped a bit (and i was right, it WAS a good drying day!) and I took molly straight into the school for some rope circling. she was pretty good, in the scale of molly in the arena, and I was particularly pleased that we got a little bit of BACK .. not something she's wanted to do in the past but this time she did a couple of steps. But she wasn't standing still away from me, kept coming towards me, and I had to work hard to get her to go right. But by the finish we were doing that as well, and I also got some turn on the forehand from that side.

the leg is better with skirt/shorts though. I'd found my looser trousers, but i could feel my leg getting hot....

1 comment:

Jean said...

Glad the groundwork went well. It often makes up for not being able to ride. When I broke my wrist years ago, I spent the six wents long lining--often with one hand. My horse was really great to ride once I was back in the saddle.

You could start a trend for new proper attire for lunging and such.