Tuesday, May 01, 2007

much better....

we actually got some sensible trot, and we got to go where i wanted (in the arena ... everyone else had gone out already....) AND i got some sitting trot as well.

how long that all lasts is another matter.... but good while it lasts.

maybe i was stressed on sunday? i don't know.

i wasn't on her for very long really (interrupted by small pony coming in, back off hack, to see if she was lame in the arena, as she was out ... diagnosis bruised sole, pony turned out) so i didn't keep going as long as I might otherwise have done, but i was pleased with the small amount i did.

someone said, as they came to help me get on, why don't i hold the reins up tight and hold on to the mane .. so i showed them what happens if i try that... no different from if I don't, she just goes round me in a circle and/or moves when i put my foot up on the stool....

1 comment:

Jean said...

Wish you had Kenny Harlow there for a little work with Miss Molly about that mounting issue. It's so frustrating needing help to get on.

On a brighter note, well done to get some positive riding in. Good for you and Molly.

Stressed on Sunday--perhaps, but sometimes being ignored when you really do need some help and some company does hurt. I've had that sort of thing happen to me on occasion and my overall reaction wasn't too far from yours. Don't feel too bad about it.