Saturday, May 26, 2007

i so nearly

didn't work molly at all ... and i wish i'd gone with that.

She got away from me on the long lines .... tanked away... stopped to talk to her friends - i nearly got a hand to the lines .. she tanked back the other way and into the gateway where the gate to the mares field is ... i had a horrid feeling this would go pear shaped .. it did .. she went down the gap between the hedge and the wire fence, then got over the wire fence into the field, was chased round .... one of the lunge lines broke ... when we finally got them calmed down and caught her .. her off hind was bleeding profusely .. had to have the vet .... sedated, flushed out, all bandaged up ...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

very lucky it wasn't a lot worse though ... she'd chested the wire before going over it and we're very very lucky she didn't totally do her front leg in as well.

she nicked the artery lower part of off hind; vet thinks we'll be lucky - he didn't stitch it ..I have to jab her in the chest muscle tomorrow and Monday and the vet will be back out Tuesday to take the dressing off and see how she is...

i had some photos on my phone but have managed to lose them all as the phone didn't connect properly to the pc and when I disconnected it, they obviously all went... pc lying when it said there wasn't a drive at the end of that lead....edited to add.... i'd texted it to a friend and she's texted it back to me ... horrid...

and i have to go back in an hour or so, to see how she's doing and give her some haylage. and will have to go to feed store tomorrow for haylage and shavings.... had to borrow...

1 comment:

Jean said...

Ouch!! Poor girl. Now I remember why I HATE wire fencing anywhere near horses. Lucky and not so lucky. Nicking the artery is bad, but you may have lucked out, thank goodness. Glad she didn't hurt herself worse.

Tucker has taken off with the lines a few times but in the arena. It always scares me because I think he's going to tangle up in them and go down. My heart goes out to you. It must have been really awful.

Sending healing wishes and keeping you both in my prayers. Give Molly a hug from me when you get a chance.