Tuesday, May 29, 2007

good news

we were really pleased with the look of the wound when the bandage came off; it had bled, as you would expect, but had stopped, and looked really clean.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

as usual wiht a photo doesn't look quite as nice as it did inthe flesh; this camera phone does take good photos!

anyway, redressed. There's a bit of swelling but nothing exciting.

he says, if she's still sound on saturday and nothing is looking horrid, she can go on the wagon - the reason is, my mate's partner is a really goo dhorse vet, to all the trainers in middleham (well, a lot of them!) and he can change the dressing when we get there. if I'm not totally happy, then my vet will come next monday and change dressing; and if it starts going tits up, ring vet before....

as for her eating. ... turns out she's gone off the haybar, because she can't see out and ofcourse she knows its summer and everyone else is out. so the hay is back on the floor by the door...

oh, and antibiotics in her feed, breakfast and tea.....

the problem is going to be me

i went to teh gp on a walk in basis on my way home from the yard, saw another gp ... he said, it's cellulitis andi shoudl be resting it. i said,no one's said that before! so essentially i've spent 2 1/2 weeks doing things i shouldn't have been doing...

my partner thinks i should go anyway, and my mate rather agrees. .. max can do molly and my mate can do the biz .. the point is for molly to get the work, and although he likes to work with the owner, i'll be there if not upright!

2 comments:

James said...

Nice to see the wound clean and looking well....

Jean said...

Looks good. There's a bit of swelling, but nothing more than I would expect at this point.

So glad it looks as if you can still do the clinic. I know how important that is. She should be fine.

But you! What is it with these doctors? You'd think they'd give the right advice at least. Now you are going to be laid up instead of Molly...or with Molly. I am sure the clinic will work out and you will learn a lot regardless of whether you or someone else is handling the girl.