Sunday, August 13, 2006

very wet

you know they say you get what you wish for. wish for rain get rain. can't complain too much since it means that the land isn't parched anymore (really brought it home to me how dry it was wednesday in durham and more to the point friday crossing the bridge in lancaster - you could see mud!!!! instead of river.

anyway, back to business. I thought it was going to stop raining, had in fact stopped when i got to the yard. Plan had been to lunge (hoping the left foot and right hip were up for it!) then possibly ride depending on how we got on. But Molly was wet; and whilst she was standing in with a view to her getting dry, I got soaked, the heavens having opened. So i turned her out again. hey ho.

The hat I was wearing yesterday has gone in the bin; I'd a feeling it might have to, and there was obvious damage to the surface. Couldn't tell whether the innards had in fact been damaged or not, but really not worth taking the risk with. The trouble with putting a hat in the bin when it seems ot be in one piece is that there's a risk that some idiot might decide it is ok and retrieve it. hope not. It wasn't as badly damaged as the last one I broke 15 years ago - that was so badly damaged my friend was able to pull it apart with his bare hands (he is 6'6" and built accordingly ...) and I am still missing 1/2 hour of my life. But it goes to show the importance of wearing a hat.

Back to work tomorrow after week off. not looking forward to that. an empty desk will have been filled....

No comments: