Saturday, August 12, 2006

she had me off again

today i decided to ride to see how my ankle was. Gaynor helped - we had her on a lead rope as well as tacked up, the plan being to lead her round to the arena and then i'd do 10 minutes walk to see how i did. we didn't make it that far.

The arena gate was closed and Molly started backing up whilst gaynor was opening it. then as gaynor turned round to lead her forward, she started going backwards and up; gaynor pulling her down. she finished up, apparently, on her bum and then, gaynor says, on me before getting back up again. I didn't notice her on me but did notice i'd come off again, on the right side this time, banged my head (which happily seems ok) my right hip and ankle.

I don't think I've broken anything this time, but she's a cow for that, that mare.

she'd also hurt herself, was streaming blood from a very small nick on one leg, had managed to injur the back of a back foot, and a few other scratches - this is a gravelled area we were on.

So I guess we'll be back to lunging

was thinking about keeping her in because of the blood, but i haven't got any bedding; tried her in charlies' stable and she was going demented. so she got purple spray everywhere and turned out again.

This may be because with me coming off last time (not for anything she did) she's now worked out that it can be done. or it may be whatever it was that happened previously when she was said to have reared. this is the irst time she's shown a desire to rear with me.

of course, i hadn't had the martingale on. wish i had, might have kept her head down.

No comments: