Tuesday, August 01, 2006

rain! hurray

i meant to post last night but lost track of time....

able to drive myself to work so that was good.

went to the yard afterwards, went out, got her in, groomed her, turned her out. but I rather think i did a bit more than I should have done!

She didn't want to tie up, of course, and i dind't want to put her in the stable as i wanted to have the space to move away in case - don't want to risk her standing on the broken foot!!! so the grooming was mostly done with the lead rope in my hand.

and of course I'd forgotten that the night she broke my foot, she also broke her headcollar! so until i get round to going to get one (I like the sort that do up over the nose as well as everywhere else, it's much easier when tacking up) i am using one i really don't like - bought becuase it looked flashy, for Queenie, but have never really liked it. hey ho, it's a headcollar and will do for now!

tonight, i couldn't face pottering right over the very far side of the field (which is quite large) but i could see that she was sound. and we were going to get drenched as well.

But nice to see some grass starting to green up again, even if we are all getting soaked as well. and it will mean it's back to mowing the lawn!

No comments: