Wednesday, August 23, 2006

public transport

today i had to get the train/bus home. which merely reminds me why public transport only works if you live in a conurbation and work in the same conurbation. it took me 2 hours. walk to the station (which did'n't do my bad foot any good at all.) buy ticket (£8.30 single, I only had to come the one way - return would have been about £9 and still an awful ot more than the petrol for the car!). wait for train. train to darlington. wait 15 minutes for next train. train to durham, standing room only. get to durham. slow walk down very steep hill with poorly foot killing me to bus stop. catch bus (at least that was perfect timing, it arrived as i got to the bus stop!). bus home, £1.95 (return fare on the bus is about £2.40, this was single of course). and can't go to stable as no car. I had left word I woudlnt' be down. Molly didn't need a night off, she needed some more work.

No comments: