Saturday, August 19, 2006

rubber matting

my rubber matting arrived today; I don't know why people say it's heavy to move, this isn't, and supposed to be 20mm but in fact measured at 25mm, which is pretty d****** thick. Had to go get new blades for my stanley knife to trim it (you're supposed to leave expansion room, apparently as the horse uses it, it squashes down and spreads, which makes sense!) and in any event 12 X 12 wasn't totally exact, of course. Does anyone know of a building where the walls are in fact square?

Molly didn't object to it at all, christened it well and truly - a lot easier to get the poo up from it!!! - but the minute she went in the arena she had a wee. Of course, the one thing I should have asked john to put on the trailer as well was a bag of shaving s..... ah well.

and the 30 bales of haylage arrived (same delivery) and they are nicely stacked inside. I was right in thinking there was enough room. Should last me a while!!!

The plan had been that we'd try and ride her, but gaynor was of course late. I stood and did her mane whilst it rained, then decided to just loose school. My thought is, if I can really get her listening to me on that, then it should make lunging a lot easier as well.

Now explain this - she doesn't like lunging right rein, but finds loose schooling right rein easier than left, she didn't want to do left so I had to work on it a bit more than I anticipated.

I'm glad she never learnt to jump though ; the arena fence is very low, and if she could, I feel sure she would!!!!

Anyway, it was a positive bit of schooling and tomorrow I'll put the lunging kit back on and see how we do.

But it is hard on the foot! especially as one end of the arena is deeper than the other!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes Molly you are right, Horse rubber matting are really nice for our horses. Horse Rubber Matting are great equipment.

premium lights said...

As the leading supplier of LED lighting for residential or commercial use in the UK, Simple Lighting is proud to offer a range of LED lighting
premiumlightsco