Saturday, November 15, 2008

mud monster

never seen her so covered in mud - had i been here, i would have hosed the rug off whilst it was still wet mud, as it is it needs a really good brushing and cleaning itself

took me an hour to get her clean enough to get any tack on her, so thought I'd lunge - I didn't know there'd been a coin slot put in for the arena lights! no coins! and it was far too dark to do without lights, that full moon of earlier in the week was covered by cloud....

true, i could have done all that this morning, butdidn't think partner would really appreciate me not being home when she was trooping off to manchester after lunch! and then i had to go see a client who lives not far from me about a case... only opportunity and time limited so had to be done....


so hoping the weather is as nice tomorrow as it has been today and i can get on!

and she is apparently depressed - well, frankly, who can blame her, all that mud and not a lot to eat in the field. but the consensus is that she is missing me... so not too long till i'm back..

2 comments:

Jean said...

Well, sounds as if your day went about as well as mine. I haven't cleaned Toby off yet as he is a mud pie, though.

Poor Molly. I'd imagine she does miss you. Wish it would all work out so you could be together in a nice, normal routine--and you with a good job as well.

Hey, how was the new bath?

cptrayes said...

It's all such a stress for you at the moment Claire. I am wishing for everything to settle down for you and Molly for Christmas and the New Year.

C