Friday, June 15, 2007

still raining

teeming down in fact; i did think about keeping her in , but decided against; it will stop.

the leg got blue sprayed again. I'll have a good look at it in a dry spell tomorrow. should be OK, and she's still sound. and the good thing about this weather at least it keeps the flies off.

when i went to get her - picture, at the other side of the field from where we get them in, there's another small gate - horse width, could be opened from horseback, but no one goes that way - leads to the 20 acre... some dummy had left it wide open! so i went round to check that all the mares were present and correct. if i knew who'd done that....

she's acquired a nick on her flank, probably from hoolying yesterday.

I'm back to the doctor Monday; I'm starting to wish I'd insisted on an appointment earlier this week, but it seemed a lot better and since I'm not off sick and therefore prefer to go at a time that minimises time out of the office.....

jean did you read my reply to your comment on Wednesday....?

1 comment:

Jean said...

Yes, meant to say something. I like John Lyons' concepts in particular. The methods are very kind to the horse and I must say, most of them really seem to stick.

For example, my horses load into a trailer without my having to lead them in. I can load them alone with no help from anyone--they just walk right in. They are trained to load using John Lyons' methods. Kenny Harlow, one of his trained trainers will teach any horse to load that way and guarantee it for life. It's just one example of the quality of the results.