Saturday, June 16, 2007

molly is better than me

her leg is healing nicely. she doesn't want me to wash the gunk off (wasn't planning on taking the scab off, that can continue as it is for the moment i think) but there's some gunk where the dressing was. and she didn't want me to blue spray it. she's got so into moving over when i go to her back end whilst holding the rope that she thought that was what i wanted her to do. heyho. julie had to hold her head.

but i decided i don't want to work her in our arena until the leg is better healed than it is! our arena is so deep that if i wear short boots i get a boot full of arena. so if a horse is working in there you get a lot of crap kicked up - crap that you don't want getting into and affecting wounds on legs.

would be better if i could use the mares field, but can't as of course the mares are in it! shame as it's nice and flat!

as for me - my feet are hot. my hands are hot and dry. i shall be pleased to get to the doctor on monday. i can't even wear my short boots comfortably. socks were not a good idea.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Probably smart about Molly's leg. You could cover it with a light wrap when you work her. Polo bandages?

Hope you are OK. It's a bit concerning hearing all those symptoms, and that you are not better enough to do "horsey" things.