Monday, November 20, 2006

tunstall reservoir



this is where we went for our walk - down this hill, round the reservoir at the bottom, back up the hill slightly to the right of this path down ..... it was very sunny but very cold due to wind chill. lovely at the bottom though, very sheltered, and some nice views across the reservoir through bare trees that you wouldn't get in the summer ..

i think it was the hill back up that finally did for me.... they talk about muscles not used to riding, mine are not used to walking ...

2 comments:

Jean said...

Beautiful! What I like is the empty horizon stretching for miles. Around here there would be a warehouse blocking the view. (Sorry, I am very frustrated with my Township's approval of developments around me.)

The veiw is stunning, but I see what you mean about the hills. I'm afraid my knees would never have made it. It does look like a tempting ride though. *G*

Claire said...

jean, this was way up in the hills; not quite middle of nowhere, but working on it (but only 20 miles from home). some of it is bridlepath, must be, but didn't see any hoofprints at all which you usually do if it is bridleway.