Monday, November 27, 2006

leaning forward

was what i was doing .... talking to gaynor afterwards she said she'd noticed that, now she thought about it, since my fall inthe summer....

so to work on sitting upright - the feel at the moment is as if i was stargazing! but I am assured that in fact when it feels like that I am upright..

clearly gone very backwards the last couple of years ... probably all the trying to get molly to accept stuff and not thought about myself...

and of course, the difference in her way of going was noticeable ....

so i've to work on that ...

and we put my stirrups up a hole. and the left stirrup is about 1/2 hole shorter than the right, which won't help.. can't drill holes in the barefoot leathers .. will try and find my old ordinary ones as they can get holes drilled in them, you just put the buckle at the bottom just the same and wrap em up!

and she started off on a good note as well... let me on with no one holding her head, YAY. hopefully that lesson is sinking in ...

teacher agreed that the grandeur pad isn't right - she said it looked as though it were floating about ... so will try harder to see if can get something else sorted out ... it's always useful when someone else confirms one's view of an issue...

But, i did get hte saddle on without any argument today .... so overall we've had a good day..

2 comments:

Jean said...

Another set of eyes and the knowledge with them is the best tonic. Very often we can get into that "defensive" posture of leaning forward when the horse is being difficult. Glad you sorted it out.

The tack issue and the proper pads is frustrating. I've no suggestions as I don't know much about the Barefoot saddles. Fortunately, I can just use regular square pads with my Ansurs on all three horses.

Still warm here. I think it's going to chill off by Friday, but until then...I'll just enjoy!

Claire said...

i think i'm going to have to find £1000 for a fhoenix .... but will try to find other solutions ...