Sunday, November 26, 2006

a mixed bag ...

in the molly behaviour front.

to start, i had to have someone hold her to get on - was lucky there was someone there!

then i concentrated on trying to keep her listening and keep my reins very light at the same time, and then on trot - by the finish she was offering some nice trot.

So i thought for a change, and since she'd been good yesterday, i'd try and ride her out the way we went yesterday, if only as far as the ford.

hah!

she napped back to the stable.

i thought, she's going that way anyway, so led her all the way to the ford. Some of it to keep her going i was having to position myself (as I realised) as one would for in hand work, ....

anyway got there, came back, decided not to put her waway. went to the arean, she stood and let me mount.

thought, let's try going through the yard again

no, she said, i'm napping back to the stable.

I'm not prepared to risk getting dumped there, it's hard concrete with things to bash one's head off on the way down...

so got off, led her back round to the arena ... she let me get on without anyone holding her. so i did twice round the arena and got off in the arena.

So, as I say, mixed bag...

lesson tomorrow...

2 comments:

Jean said...

Better wise than foolish about starting a battle when you might get hurt....and never on concrete!

You'd think Molly would have liked her little ride the other day. I wonder what is going on in her head about all of this? You did a good thing in making her work a bit after she got back home. That way she won't associate the barn with freedom.

I know all of this is frustrating, but think how far you have already come. I am confident you are going to succeed in making Molly your perfect horse. Your love for her is stronger than her will.

Claire said...

don't know about love ....

sometimes i do wish i hadn't retired her mother - could just get on and go out and not worry, could even go out on my own as well!!!!!!