Saturday, November 11, 2006

christmas shopping

in newcastle.

we got up early and were there for just after 9. oh but i'm knackered now - and we didn't do nearly as much as some others do. in fact the only christmas presents i bought were a dvd & cd for my partner .... by 4 hours, my foot was starting to ache which it hasn't done for a while now. then partner wanted to go look at wardrobes, and as i expected we ended up back where we bought the fitted wardrobes in the main bedroom ... i said, this was why we bought them there better quality etc ...

so by the time i got to the yard i barely had the energy to muck out/bed up /fetch in, and now i'm at home i'm struggling to keep my eyes open ....

and the rug molly had had on definitely leaks. I'm very annoyed about that, you don't expect new unworn rugs to leak.

she's in very early with a bit more haylage than usual ...

no they don't count them in - have to rely on someone spotting she's last out. not everyone is bothered about their horse being out on its own .... my view, one should bother as a matter of principle, but on the other hand if someone has said don't get theirs in i wouldn't .

1 comment:

Jean said...

You have a bad foot? My sympathies. I have two bad knees and foot problems off and on. I use special orthopedic inserts and wear athletic shoes all the time--except when I'm in riding boots.

Still, I love shopping. I had to steer myself away from the malls this morning after I went to PetSmart to get cat food.

This, Christmas, I think I will be more than likely to get gift cards for some of the local stores as primary gifts. Not the lazy way out, but just practical as the people I gift tend to have so many things already.

Was Molly's rug supposed to be waterproof? It's a shame if it was.

We're getting rain here tomorrow and Monday. It's going to be warm, but I will put on the lightweight rain sheets. The Boys have ample run-in areas, but I do like to give them the extra protection.