Wednesday, November 15, 2006

the hay bar is up



and after a bit of a 'oh my god what's this' and having to tempt her to it with some feed, once she worked out that's where the haylage had gone, she was fine with it.

and you can see the stable mirror up as well.

i'd been trying to put it up myself (really a two person job) but one of the estate chaps heard the drilling and came along and did it for me ... always useful to be seen to be making the attempt onself!

i've a feeling i'll still have haylage all over the floor as well - she likes to have a look see what's going on outside as well!

sorry about the poor quality photos - taken with phone not camera, and still getting used to new phone .... but considering no flash, not bad at all. I think if i'd used the camera, the flash would have given her another fright!!!

and no work for me. sick note..... whilst i put brain back together ....

and my right foot - the one i broke in july folks! - got stood on, at an angle, and i duly fell over and banged my hand, right hip and leg. rubber matting is all well and good to lie on, but falling on it still hurts. i was putting her rug on and she moved unexpectedly, got my foot and i was at an angle and had no choice but fall over ....

not doing well really!!!!!

1 comment:

Jean said...

The hay bar looks great. I always love it when a guy comes along to assist a fair maiden in distress. *G*

I hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly. Your poor foot. Somehow that sounds like the kind of thing I'd do to myself. I'm sure Molly didn't mean it.

Soggy and rainy here. I long lined all three boys today. I donated blood and they told me not to ride. Wish I could have. It wasn't raining tonight, but it is going to rain again tomorrow. Yuck.

Take care of yourself. How about a nice soak in a hot tub?