Wednesday, November 29, 2006

interesting ....

and worrying and decides me about the saddle ...

i'd put it on, and she was still eating her hay. had the geleze pad between the saddle & the grandeur pad. you could see the sheepskin of the grandeur pad moving against her back..... duh.

It wasn't has horrid when I took it off as it had been on Monday but still .... that isn't right.

So that is being sorted out .... partner will not be happy at me getting a new saddle, but there we go. My old GP is now for sale if anyone wants an 18" KES black wide fit, VGC, only 5 years old .. and the cheyenne will be as soon as new saddle is sorted out/confirmed. ...

in the meantime, i did ride .... the difference in her when I'm right is interesting, it just shows how much I'd lost/forgotten/bad habits fallen into whilst concentrating on other stuff, and particularly since my two falls!

Molly was doing some really nice walk and then some really nice trot, both of which fell apart if I did - especially in trot

and my muscles know about it as well ... but it won't take long I don't think for my body to remember what it's supposed to be doing, as opposed to what I've been doing the last few months ....

had to leave her with the fleece on again .. MUST get her clipped... saturday, hopefully, partner will be away anyway...

2 comments:

Jean said...

The whole saddle thing can be so frustrating. To think, years ago, people never even paid any attention to how the saddle fit the horse. All they worried about was how the saddle felt to them.

And then...there's that lifelong battle with developing good seat on a horse. And people wonder why, after 40 years of riding, I still need to take lessons! *G*

Claire said...

This is the third horse i've wrestled with saddle fit ...

Second horse billy was said to have high withers - looking back now, i think it was atrophy ... certainly a pain to fit...

Molly's mother had been ridden in a narrow/medium since she'd been 4 - i got her when she was 13 - had saddle checked twice by saddlers who said it was ok, it wasn't - she was actually a wide. Lucky she was a generous mare!

and Molly's got the same conformation issue as her mother, asymmetrical shoulders....

the real difficulty is telling other people that their saddles don't fit their horse...... when they clearly don't!