Friday, November 24, 2006

bitless bridle

well i was right - it was a lot easier in the bb than with a bit .... she did give a vague bit of argument and try to do left not right, but gave in a lot quicker. AND i got the side reins on - so we did both reins twice, once with side reins, once without.

result. So i think we're back to the BB for ground work anyway

And we were getting very wet as well ... i tacked up and it started raining again, but i decided not to let her off - it was just wet, not cold - and out we went.

The only thing that didn't impress me was how wet we both got . she won't be dry for hours yet, so i had to leave her rugless. Should be ok (if filthy) as it isn't a cold night at all. maybe i should invest in one of those wicking rugs that dry them off quickly without sweating .... although if I'd had my brain screwed on i do have an excercise sheet hiding at the bottom of a cupboard .. but I wouldn't want to have untacked and had to start again though...

1 comment:

Jean said...

Good for you. Sounds as if you have hit upon another piece of the puzzle and put it in place.

It finally stopped raining here and there was a strange yellow light in the sky! Fortunately, my arena dries out pretty quickly, so the footing was good in there. I took Toby out on the trail and there was lots of slippery mud.

I can't recall many years with so much rain.

Those wicking rugs are nice. I think they are worth the price. I like knowing my horse is warm while he is drying off.