Tuesday, February 27, 2007

phobia

i suppose that is a possibility - but if so, it's ONLY in the arena... nice thought though! I wish i knew, it has to be something going back a long way from the period when I didn't know her (which is quite lengthy, really ... ) but of the issues she was known to come with, that was one of them....and has proved the least capable of resolution.

I don't want to give up on it. i could give up, and just ride, but I think ground work is important, as does everyone else, so I'll persist.

It has been wet here all day, so I rightly decided to feed her and leave her; it started to rain as we were locking up! and some gales forecast.

The authorities "close" bridges to high sided vehicles (those over the Tyne, anyway) in the wind; the trouble is, the high sided vehicles ignore the signs.

oh, and simba the kitten has now learnt how to murder birds; dead thrush on the landing last night...one of the perils of having cats! especially young and energetic ones!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Oh, I used to hate it when my outdoor kitties would bring me birds. Mice, ok. But not birds. You're right, it is a peril.

Our weather has quieted considerably compared to yours. It is sunny and warm....well relatively warm.

I agree about the ground work. It is very important. If you are riding her, can a person on the ground work on her right? Maybe that would begin to break through. But, for that, you need a friend to help you.

Claire said...

ah now that's a thought.....

even just partner walking might be something....

but here's another oddity. when i'm getting on, she has to be held... and person holds her head and the offside (right) leather...maybe that works because there's two of us?