Wednesday, July 12, 2006

back to the office

the boss wanted me to try and get in before he goes on his holidays, so partner took me in this morning and someone else brought me home.

the office are going to pay for a taxi to get me to from work for the next two weeks; mad, but if that's what they want to do! a 50 mile round trip, so you can imagine that ain't going to be cheap. i can't see thepoint myself, it works quite well having work dropped off and picked up, it 's almost as if they think youcan't work unless you are inthe office. which of course i can. i shall see how it goes. there's too much pottering about to do, either that or forever interrupt people to get files out for me which is a pain, and i can't get my foot elevated properly. will take more cushions in and see if i can't make it work by putting the leg on top of the cpu (the tower, the pc itself). but i don't really think it's high enough.

and i am fed up with the heat - better than cold toes, i know, but the feeling of sweat running down the inside of the plaster is not pleasant!

and i was really pleased with myself. i got partner to take me to pc world and bought a router, and have managed to set up a local area network between my lap top downstairs and the pc upstairs. been meaning to look into doing that ever since i bought the laptop, and this has motivated me to do it. and i managed to get it all to work, i can even print from the laptop. the only thing i've got left to do is modify the firewall settings on both computers to ensure that they can talk to each other - the usual problem with a firewall, they stop all sorts of things including what you want to do!!!!

gaynor says molly is being bullied again, one wound gaynor had to get molly in and bathe it, so that's not good. but not a lot i can do about it, i'm struggling to stand for any length of time.

hope you have all been watching only fools on horses, it's rather good. those are proper high fences they are jumping chaps!

No comments: