Tuesday, December 01, 2009

i don't understand

what seems to be wrong with blogger, and i think something is.

the blogs i follow have their own space at the bottom of my dashboard and i can see who's updated and go read and say hello etc.

so far as I was aware, Nicola, for example, hadn't posted in ages.... tonight, a load show up as being posted 25 minutes ago, and when i go read, i find others had commented on the day they were posted.

bizarre!

ditto for Marylou

all VERY strange!

anyway, change of subject - has anyone seen one of these?

http://www.furlongs.uk.com/products/haynet.html

and if so, in what way are they different from your bog standard small holed haynet?

my routine has changed so much that molly is now in a lot earlier than has ever been the case, and feeding by weight from my usual small holed haynet means that she has nothing for a long time. if i feed from the haybar, as i would prefer which is why i have it, she eats it quicker!

5 comments:

Jean said...

I was having trouble with Blogger loading up cached pages instead of the new ones, so I started hitting "refresh" when I saw a blog not updated for a while. Could that be what's happening to you?

As for the hay bag, it looks a lot like the hay nets I have, but the mesh looks a bit smaller. The only thing I'd worry about is how low it would hang once it was empty. If the mesh is wide/large enough that a horse might get a hoof caught should she paw at it, you'd have to be careful about hanging it at a safe height.

Anonymous said...

I agree on blogger doing weird stuff - I had the same experience as you did with certain blogs. I learned a trick to make sure your own blog publishes properly - it's an odd work-around that seems to work - if you follow your own blog, anonymously or publicly, and then click on it in your list of followed blogs, the posts will update. I suspect that lot of people may be having this problem.

Danni said...

Same thing happened to me with some of the blogs I follow, very odd.

I can't see a different with the net, other than perhaps the shape of the holes in it?

Bit of a headache with regard to the forage, can't think what to suggest!

Zoe said...

How much???? Blooming heck. I triple net my hay. I am unable to see why that net would be a) so expensive and b) how it would differ from other micro holed nets.
Would be very interested in your feedback should you invest in one.

trudi said...

Yup same here Claire, regarding updates..thanks for the tip Kate I'll try that.
Gosh yes very expensive Claire and look the same as a regular small hole. I'm now ad libbing mine as they're in more. I have the wood pellets down on top of the rubber and then plenty of hay on top to make a nice bed to lie in; the bonus being that they nibble their beds through the night when they finish the piles of hay I put in.