Monday, January 01, 2007

back to schooling...

the wind was horrid this morning, so rode this afternoon, did some schooling. gaynor had to help me get on, molly has turned back into a right cow about standing still (she won't, again.... thought we'd cracked that one...)

so i was going for my position again, and kept getting in gaynors way, but did get myself sorted out ... found myself jamming my feet to o far into the stirrups, but by the finish i was getting there a lot better... mind i did have my fleece lined chaps on, which are a shade slippy

looking forward to the new saddle....

2 comments:

Jean said...

The not standing while you mount surely does get old. Any way to face her into a wall or corner?

Otherwise the progress still sounds good. Hopefully the new saddle will spur you on to even more successes.

Claire said...

you're right, is it getting old. i did think about facing her into the fence, up against the wall, but thought it might end up with her feeling trapped between the wall and the stool - and in any event, if the stool is in the right place for me to get on, there wouldn't be anything to stop her moving away .... i don't think.

i like to think that the new saddle will help. as the present one does rub. at least i can now tack up without her moving all round the stable to prevent it .....!