Tuesday, November 24, 2009

thrush improving

the near fore is starting to look a lot better; the off fore still not so good but no doubt will get there.

but molly's starting to be a bit of a B about the foot picking up thing - with her front feet, where previously she didn't want her backs picked up before she was started on no bute..- so i think she's fed up wtih teh process.

tough, i say!  i carry on!

but it's tough on my back as well, bend down, lift hoof, scrub etc etc... and all repeated several times!

we/ve pretty much given up any idea of doing anything much through the week - I know I COULD take it out of my working day, but i am expected to be here ... 

odd, when i was an employed person i used to think about going in to work late having done something with my horse...

now i am a self employed person, i am conscious of the need to be at my desk in case the phone rings/an email arrives...

odd that.  It wouldn't actually matter, no different than if i were out at a meeting, or in court, of whatever.. and it's very easy to make the time up, of course!.

3 comments:

Danni said...

When I juggled having Quadi whilst working in an office, I used to start very early, take a long lunch, and work late.

Maybe you could work out something like that? And I hate to suggest it, but consider getting a BlackBerry so that you can send and receive emails and calls whilst away from your 'desk'.

Hope Molly's thrush clears up soon, I know your pain!

Claire said...

i could just divert calls to the mobile and set the mobile up for emails....but i wouldn't be reading the emails...i'm avoiding having a blackberry or whatever...

Jean said...

I was thinking about you the other day while I visited with my friend at breakfast. Like you, she is now a lawyer/soliciter in independent practice. It's been kind of rough for her getting started. I guess going it on your own takes a bit of courage and determination. And, obviously, a good work ethic. Hope it's going well for you.