Thursday, April 05, 2007

house clearance

because partner's parents are now both gone, we had to do some final clearance today - and collect the bed. so crack of 0830 collected rental van, filled it with stuff from our place, went to parents, filled there, went to tip, tipped it all, lunch from a store, diversion to the barbour factory shop (if you want anything jean ... but the sizings are impossible, even if the prices are perfect!), back to pick up bed, then pick up my car ( had dropped it off for handbrake repair) came home, had a rest, went to see molly but no point trying to ride - there's nothingn like carrying a mattress for doing your fingers in - came home, emptied the van on my own save the mattress (got the neighbours to do that) made tea sat down .. phew...

gorgeous weather again as well, shame not to have the time to ride but the job had to be done and i suppose it was the right weather for what we had to do....

1 comment:

Jean said...

Thanks for the offer of the Barbour, but the last thing I need is MORE CLOTHES!!! I love clothes. I need a whole house for all my clothes. I swear I am getting rid of lots of clothes......

Sounds like a busy day, and one of those times when you seem to be gathering things to add to the collection of things you already have. How do we all keep doing that?

I didn't ride either. Too windy and too cold. It started snowing when I went out to feed this afternoon. Just some heavy flurries, but it was defnitely snow! We're lucky. Northwest and north of us they are getting several inches. Nice present for Easter, eh?