Monday, February 22, 2010

more snow...

to the extent that they closed Cocken Lane and various others (that's the one i have to drive down to get to the stables) in the morning and didn't open it again until mid afternoon. G panicked as the haylage was due and she thought he wouldn't be able to get so her OH went and got two wrapped bales .. .then they opened the road and the man got through...still, means she's got some spares (OH had winged at the policeman that he lived on the closed road...)

happily they hadn't closed it when I went down...it wasn't that bad then as not too much traffic had been down to turn it into an ice rink

but getting anywhere by 8 am was a nightmare!

thawed by the afternoon. at least enough for the roads to be clear, but i had to be very careful when i got out of the car at the stables again as it had turned to ice....not looking forward to the morning!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Did I say I hate snow? I think I've said it a lot this year. One more example of how it really interferes with the important things.

I worry every time a storm is forecast and try to stock up on hay and grain so I don't run out if I can't get out. Glad you got your haylage. That is some comfort.