Saturday, February 06, 2010

fog....

in varying degrees of intensity.

my mother, 20 mils north west, said she had clear blue skies and frost on the pavements (sidewalk, for american readers).

we couldn't see far and had fog lights on

in South Shields, 12 miles or so north east, no fog but no sun.. but at least clear

At the yard, when i got there - the fog had cleared, but they were shooting in the woods all round the stables, so thoughts of lunging in the field went out of my head

but i did spend some time grooming, and discovered i'd overrugged her - heat scabs! pah! i wouldn't have thought it would have been too heavy a rug, as it's been so cold, but there you go.. i was wrong!

and poo picked the field again - left a couple of bits as the barrow was over full by that point ...

3 comments:

trudi said...

All work for you and none for Miss Molly, ah well she'll wait another day...hope the fog lifts for tomorrow and the guns are gone.

Mary Lou said...

Foggy here too but not so much so that I couldn't ride my bike.

Jean said...

Oh, I hate trying to drive in the fog. Do be careful.

Seems you're doing a lot of work for that girl of yours. I hope she repays you when you start some serious riding again in the spring.

It's so hard to figure out which rug to put on the horses every day. I have some nice lightweight blankets on my guys right now and I put waterproof sheets over them for the snow. Now they are covered in icicles. *S*