Thursday, October 15, 2009

dark.......

by ten to 7 ....

anyway, time Molly had her massage i thought it's a bit late to try going out, but nontheless set off - of course, someone had closed the d*** gate again!  so i thought i'd see if i could at least get it open 

no, was the answer to that.  after about 5 minutes trying.


and then it was getting dark and couldn't have gone on even if i HAD got it open!  so went back up the arena and did a lot of walk work

in one way, that'sa concern, but so long as she stays moving on, not so bad, and she did some nice work...

and even better - we got rein back, which i haven't managed for a while!  i'd done a couple of flexions ridden, and don't know if that might have helped... anyway, one step back, walk forward, halt, one step back ... three times, and ithought that's a really good place to stop!


and the midges were held off my scalp by my wearing my buff... a bit warm, but if it saves the scalp, i don't care!


2 comments:

trudi said...

mmm, winter is certainly approaching and the dark nights are here. At least you got on and achieved some positives.

Jean said...

Good work despite the gate annoyance. I always have to be careful myself to remember to close gates, so I'd be the one to leave it open. *sigh*

The shorter days are always a frustration this time of year. This is the first time in years where I don't have to deal with rushing home from work trying to beat the sunset. I sympathize.