Wednesday, May 14, 2008

phooey

well - soemone had shut the small gate through to the 20 acre so the plan to try that agin went a bit pear shaped. i tried and tried to get her close enough to it to let me open it (including using my stick) but she wasn't having it and getting more stressed. by that time I needed to go to the loo.....so went back up the hill (in canter) then she blocked and i had to wave the stick at her to get her going. then she set off in trot (good) but then started napping to the small gate to the field (not good). so got off nad led, put her in stable whilst i went to loo, went and got on in arena & had gate shut behind me and forced her to do circles.

now that's interesting. left circles not too bad. right circles - jaw set, trot, anything but do a circle. TBF the circles do get a bit tight .... and i think i do turn my body sometimes when i only intend to move my seatbone - but my goodness.

had to unblock her a couple of times but we did get some circles both reins. finished with a walk on long rein.

phoeey, though.

ah well, we will get there eventually...

1 comment:

Jean said...

Phooey....I agree. Nothing like a gate to put a crimp in your plans. At least you got some work done.