Monday, February 18, 2008

minus 5

this morning and forecast to be -7 tonight (that's centigrade Jean :-)).

This morning the soaked net i'd left hanging up to drain had frozen - it had thawed out by tonight though. and the tap was frozen. tomorrow night's got soaked then put in the barrow and left inside! (i'm soaking one night what i'll need for the next night). Molly got a heavier rug on... it was supposed to warm up through the day, but i don't think it did and she felt cool tonight, which she doesn't normally.

I lunged her for 10 minutes and by then two fingers on my right hand felt as though they were going to drop off they were so cold... so didn't keep her out as long as I might have. if it keeps this cold, can't see me riding this week at night - doesn't work when it gets so cold you actually can't function!

And jean - I've never had a rodent get into the haylage if it is still wrapped - they'll get into the hay, but not the haylage...

2 comments:

cptrayes said...

Yup, all frozen up here too! My four way tap has broken with the swollen ice inside and is now p***ing water everywhere!

C

Jean said...

Good grief, and here it was so warm I rode in a short sleeved shirt! Maybe our warm air is heading your way.

Still don't know if the haylage would be a good value here. I am getting hay at a good price right now. Everyone is worrying about rising prices, though.