Sunday, October 08, 2006

shredded paper

is scary as a bed. clearly molly thought so. of course, it is bright white, so stands out, so made the bed look really bright. she thought about backing out, so i went and walked all over the bed, and she came in, but turned round to her hay net without standing on the bed. I ended up trying to mix it all up (there was some shavings still underneath) but I've a feeling this isn't going to work.

so the riding today wasn't very successful either, i think because she hadn't been for a wee...

and i still can't get any transport sorted for tomorrow. keep trying, but i've a horrid feeling this is all going seriously pear shaped.

2 comments:

Jean said...

I am so lucky to have my own truck and trailer. Trouble is, I am on the other side of the Atlantic, so I can't help. Good luck. I hope it all works out.

That's funny about the paper bedding. Maybe poor Mollie thinks it's indoor snow and doesn't want to get cold. I hadn't thought it would be an issue, but obviously horses have a different concept of the world than I do.

Thanks for the thoughts about PJ. Just to clear it up, he did not have colic surgery. His heart was too bad for that. Just so you know, because colic surgery has had dozens of successful recoveries of late.

Claire said...

sorry. thought surgery came into it somewhere ......