Saturday, October 07, 2006

and rode

i didn't think i was going to ride today after all - partner was ill this morning (the joys of work leaving do, starts new job monday! so you can imagine) and then we had loads of stuff to do. But, when I did get back down to the yard at about 1730 there were still people about, gaynor was going to ride, so decided I would. At least it had been dry, so I only had to get a bit of mud off .... and Molly went really nicely. Gaynor had Charlie cantering around and Molly woke up a bit but wasn't being stupid, so I decided to do a load of trot work myself. that helped gaynor as well - she tucked in behind me which had the advantage of slowing charlie down! and we did loads of circles turns etc ...

I was very pleased.

But still not happy with the grandeur pad under the cheyenne. granted this replacement is a lot better than the original in that it is, at least, symmetrical - but it slips backwards under the saddle as we ride, in anything faster than walk. not helpful.

and the other good thing - it was dry and windy everywhere except the yard (where it wasn't windy) so I got a load of laundry done as well....

2 comments:

Jean said...

Sorry. Been down with a migraine and sad event of losing my old fellow, PJ who died sometime this morning.

Thinking of the slipping pad. Can you put some straps on it at the bottom to slide the girth through? I also found my pads slipped under my treeless when the girth was too loose. The Pro Choice girth helps too, but I am not familiar with the Cheyenne's billets.

Your girl is not a wimp wanting to be in. She has impeccable taste and refinement. *G* Besides being very smart!

What kind of hay net do you use? Do be careful that it's not the kind she can put her hoof through. That could be dangerous in the stall.

Claire said...

Jean, i read about your loss on caroline's blog, so sorry, but i guess he went out happy which is all you could have wanted for him, especially after his colic surgery.

the cheyenne doesn't have the facility to put the girth through loops on the pad; i think the problem with this pad is that the loops at the top, that fix it to the saddle, are too long.

i shall just have to get seriously saved up for a phoenix...