Monday, October 02, 2006

more lunging

tonight i managed to get her going right rein myself, I was very pleased with me (and with her as well of course, but particularly with me!). This was with two reins. We had a bit of a twist round three times when i went to set her away to the right, and had to untangle everything, but she did it, so i was very pleased. i'd set the reins through the wrong hole on the roller, but not to worry, will get it right tomorrow. and she was on the bit! some of the time which was even more pleased.

tomorrow will try and get the reins through the correct hole and see how we get on.

now all i need is for the tanning place to stay open until they say they do (i'm getting rid of my psoriasis, the tan is just a by product of that, honest!). the man goes home early monday and tuesday and then gets earache from his wife and me. i woudln't have minded so much but yesterday he specifically confirmed to me that he would be there tonight (or i'd have had 6 minutes yesterday instead of my usual 3).

never mind, it is working! for the first time in years I am not spending my days itching and scratching and my elbows are smooth for the first time in 20 years! yay!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Good for you! Molly is improving for sure. Keep it up. The long lining is a great way to train for work under saddle. It should help your right rein problem.

I started my two youngsters on the lines and when they were finally under saddle, they were trained to steer and stop already. It made the real riding so much easier.

Once you sort out the right rings and how to work the lines effectively you both with be pros.

Claire said...

thanks jean. wish i'd learnt this long ago!