Sunday, September 03, 2006

steady as she goes

I got on and rode in the arena in walk for 5 - 10 minutes, loads of circles changes of rein etc on a longish sort of rein

had to get a hand to get on - someone fed her a polo, that persuaded her to stand still! no tantrums at all (got on in the arena) although I was tempted (always am) as she was circling round me with me following with my stool ...... and walked her back round to the stable, she was fine doing that as well.

Not wonderfully keen again on being girthed up, but slowly and surely was the approach thereas well and got it done fine.

I'm using a wintec elasicated dressage girth now instead of the cheyenne leather one - a 70 cm instead of a 75 - i think i'll sell the leather one (hope someon wants it, I put a 65cm leather one up on ebay, gorgeous, and had no takers at all......)

Double checked that i've got the right number for the physio - apparently he's cheaper if you take the horse to him, but since i haven't got the transport and getting it would cost me more than the extra, i'll ask him to come out. and his waiting list is interesting, but if i tell him how urgent it is he might fit me in....

and have bougth sylvia stanier's book on longreining from an ebay seller, only £1.20 and postage, £2.70 altogether - the painful bit was the commission on the postal order, didn't realise they charged so much commission on them!!!!

4 comments:

Toni said...

Slowly but surely is the best way I guess.

Can't believe you got that book so cheap - must start looking more on Ebay!

Claire said...

and you'll notice, toni, i didn't tell anyone else it was there ..... far be it from me to put myself in a position to be outbid!

how's grace in her new field?

Toni said...

Clever girl!!

Grace is LOVING her new field!! She is close to other horses and they can chat over the river. She seems to be so relaxed now and keeps sleeping - almost as if she's letting them look out for her!

Claire said...

excellent, i shall go visit your blog and read up on the progress!!!