Wednesday, September 13, 2006

rode again

I rode again tonight - hadn't done since what was it ,saturday .... was pleased. She stayed really calm and walked on nicely, again lots of circles, serpentines and the like. I really must get my watch sorted out - i never know how long i've been on, i've only one watch that I can read without my reading glasses and it has a flat battery. But i think about 15 minutes, thereabouts.

There are issues re getting bridle on and girthing up, but it's interesting the way it's working. I come in to the stable with e.g. the bridle, she walks to the back of the box, i stand there and look at her and she looks sheepish and comes back.

I think I might take the noseband off the bridle, if only for now, to make it easier to get on (for me! I always end up with the noseband tangling up and getting in the way ...).

she still has a slight issue with girthing but I'm working on that slowly - maintain the cool calm and collected approach and it's fine.

It's odd she has an issue now with girthing when, once i'm on, we're fine.

and the saddle is a lot more comfortable with feathers in the cantle than it was with the hard form! so I'm glad I did that, even if there are still feathers floating everywhere..!

Liz is showing me how to long rein tomorrow, using her horse. Looking forward to that.

No comments: